How to measure your child at home.
We recommend checking your child’s measurements before buying, using our top tips to ensure the best fit. To get the most accurate measurements, where possible measure over the undergarments most likely to be worn, rather than over outer clothing.
Please Note: All of the sizes of our garments are given in inches.
- Height – This is best done barefoot, with feet together flat on the ground and back against a wall; measure from the top of the head to the ground.
- Neck – Place the tape measure where the shirt collar would normally sit around the base of the neck. Leaving a little extra room is very important so that the collar is comfortable, so make sure not to pull too tightly.
- Chest – Take the tape measure through the underarms, around the fullest part of the chest.
- Waist – Measure the natural waistline, not pulling too tightly to ensure comfort.
- Hips – Standing straight with the heels together, take the tape measure around the fullest part of the bottom.
- Inside leg – This time shoes on; measure from the inside leg to where the trouser is normally worn on the shoe. If you’re unsure, trousers should sit approximately 5cm from the ground.